Adding a Simple product on the Go Africa Marketplace as a Vendor via the Vendor Dashboard
Adding a Simple product on the Go Africa Marketplace as a Vendor Via the Vendor Dashboard
What is a simple product type?
Simple Product– covers the vast majority of any products you may sell. Simple products are shipped and have no options. For example, a book a piece of Jewelry, a bag of Coffee of a specific size.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to My Accounts/ Login on the Main screen if you have already done so at https://goafricamarketplace.com or https://goafricamarketplace.com/my-account/ you need to ensure that you are logged as a vendor before you continue
- Go to the Vendor Dashboard and double click https://goafricamarketplace.com/vendor-dashboard/
- Click Products or add product https://goafricamarketplace.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=product
From here you are now able to add a simple product
Please continue to follow the instructions below
Instructions for Adding a simple product
- Product Name: Enter product description for your Product
- Product Description: Enter a detailed description for your product: (please be descriptive as possible): this only displayed when on the product page when the description tab is clicked
- Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price.
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. For example: The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date.
- Tax Status and Class: Select a value if known otherwise accept the defaults
- Coupon: enter a choose a coupon for this product if you have already created one and wish to use.
- Disable enquiry form? Check Box if you do not wish to receive inquires from end customer for this product.
- Skip over the Music section and go to the Short Product Description Section
- Short Product Description: Enter a short description for your product about 10 -15 words.
- Product Categories: on the right side there is a column named Product Categories Please select one of more categories that best describe your product by clicking the respective product categories
- Product Tag: on the right side there is a column named Product Tag, you can optionally enter one or more tags that effectively describe your product
- Gallery: on the lower right side there is a column click here to upload up to 6 of your product images, once you are done
Select one image to be your product’s featured image
Go to the left side (Product Data Section) and click the inventory tab
Now to return to just below product data and enter the following information
- SKU: Enter a custom letter number code for your product SKU stands for stock keeping unit (SKU) tracks products. Must be unique and should be formatted so it does not match any post IDs. For example, post IDs are numbers so a SKU could be WS01. That could stand for WooShirt 01.
- Manage stock: Click the check box if you would like this functionality
- Stock quantity: enter a quantity for your product
- Allow backorders: Select the option on do you wish to allow or not allow backorders. Caution if you do not allow backorders or notifications to customer for backorder your product will not be displayed once your are out of stock
- Sold individually: Click the Check box if you only like one of this product sold per order.
Go to the left side (Product Data Section) and click the shipping inventory tab
Now to return to just below product data and enter
- Weight (oz) : Enter Product weight in ounces
- Dimensions (in): Enter the in Length X Width & Height in inches for your product.
- It is very important that you enter weight and dimensions for your product(s) in order receive accurate shipping prices and options for your customer. An incorrect entry will cause you (the Vendor) to pay extra when you ship your product(s) to the end customer.
Now go the right Column and find the Publish area and click to blue publish button and your product is now published and online. If you do no want to have your product listed, you can check to choices above the publish button to change to saving under daft. Keep in mind, this setting will mean that your product will not show up for sale to customers.
Viewing your product in the Go Africa MarketPlace.
you can also click the view product link and you will be able to see your product as it would appear on the site.
From here, navigate to the top and click add new button and you will be able to add another product and continue the process of adding or editing your product to the Go Africa Marketplace site.
- Login, Purchase and Checkout overview for Customers
- Adding a Simple product on the Go Africa Marketplace as a Vendor
- Adding a Simple product on the Go Africa Marketplace as a Vendor via the Vendor Dashboard
- How to login and register as a Vendor/Merchant
- re-ordering and cancelling an order (customers)
- Shop by Category and multi store purchase
- Using the Quick order feature to shop
- Creating a Bundled Product listing (Vendor)
- How to setup your vendor store on the Go Africa Marketplace
- Adding a video to your product listing on the Go Africa Marketplace